(Note: Why does UT call the public reading portion of the MFA Creative Writing program Lectores? Check out this post for some insight.)
The following is from the UT MFA Creative Writing Facebook page:
The Second Installment of the UTampa MFA Lectores series is set, June 14-June 21. Please check it out. All events start at 7pm and are free and open to the public
· Thursday, June 14 – Novelists Maile Chapman and Brock Clarke. Held in the Reeves Theater in the Vaughn Center on the UT campus.
· Friday, June 15 – MFA Opening Reading with poet, memoirist, playwright and best-selling author Nick Flynn. Held in the Falk Theatre on the UT campus.
· Saturday, June 16 – “As Publishing Perishes” with Jill Bialosky, executive editor of W.W. Norton, and Keith Gessen, editor of n+1 and Vanity Fair. Reeves Theater.
· Sunday, June 17 – Jill Bialosky and fiction writer Mikhail Iossel. Held in the Falk Theatre on the UT campus.
· Monday, June 18 – British novelist Tibor Fischer and novelist, editor, translator and journalist Keith Gessen, Falk Theatre.
· Tuesday, June 19 – Poet and non-fiction writer Donald Morrill and fiction writer Josip Novakovich. Held on the 9th floor of the Vaughn Center on the UT campus.
· Wednesday, June 20 – Novelists Arthur Flowers and Jeff Parker. Held in the Sykes Chapel and Center for Faith and Values on the UT campus.
· Thursday, June 21 – Poet Erica Dawson, novelist Porochista Khakpour and St. Petersburg Poet Laureate Peter Meinke. Held in the Creative Loafing Space, 1911 N. 13th Street, Ste. W200, Ybor City.
Further details on the series can be found at: http://www.ut.edu/mfacw/lectores/